Episode 74 - Porangui': Music, Healing and Powerful Rituals
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Chris Odell from Datsusara! If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount (here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Thank you to Bennett Grunber from Sure Design T-Shirts! Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate or audiobooks, check our affiliates:
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
News:DANIELE’s HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com Thank you to Onnit and Kimera Koffee (use the code "history" for a discount on their excellent coffee at www.kimerakoffee.com)
- Porangui' and his awesome vibe
- Bridging cultures
- Growing up around sun dances and sweat lodges
- Porangui's wild mom and her adoption among the Dineh
- Some mysteries are no meant to be solved
- 15 whales
- The symbolism of the inipi, the sweat lodge
- Piercing and Sun Dancing
- A grandma's flesh offering and Lame Deer's vision quest
- Studying medicine in China, teaching in Vietnam
- Making musical instruments out of bombs
- Breath and defeating fear
- Ben Harper and Porangui' on the loss of sound quality
- Recording vs. live music
- Going to Duke University, and ending up becoming a healer and a musician
- Creating his own major "Healing through music and dance"
- Porangui's Twitter
- The problems with EMF
- The difference between new age and the real deal
- Concerts as tribal rituals
- Healing practices
- Cultural attitudes about physical contact
- Daniele is a judgmental little shit
- Leading by example rather than whining about the state of things
- Art as inspiration vs. art to fill time
- Becoming a better relative
- Porangui's upcoming retreats: November in Austin, January in Nicaragua, April in Sedona
- Mitakuye Oyasin