Episode 67 - Jake Ducey
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Chris Odell from Datsusara! If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount (here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Thank you to Bennett Grunber from Sure Design T-Shirts! Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate or audiobooks, check our affiliates:
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
- If you ever use razors, please check out www.harrys.com and use the code "tao"
And please check out my public Facebook page
- "School wasn’t conducive to my learning"
- Dropping out of school after three semesters in order to travel and write a bestseller
- Blasphemy about breast size
- Sometimes when you age, you get wiser. Sometimes, you just get older and beaten by life
- Youthful enthusiasm over smart cynicism any day
- Depression regardless of economic status
- Violins in the subway
- A crisis of inspiration and happiness
- Give the world to young people. You’ve fucked it up enough already. Get out of the way
- Ikkyu and the certificate of enlightenment
- Strategies for figuring out what you want out of life
- The illusion of postponing happiness
- Why facing the most dreadful fears reduces fear
- You can be overwhelmed by the Cosmic Joke or find a way to enjoy it
- The illusion that if you are really busy then your life must be meaningful
- Giving oneself time to 'arrive' wherever you are: micro-meditations
- Begin changing your immediate surroundings
- Tim Leary about creating a life reflecting the person you want to be
- Buddha had nothing, but he was still Buddha
- Meditation and exercise
- Fake it 'til you make it
- Jake has a great time in jail
- "Who you are speaks so loud I can't hear what you say"
- Failing over and over again
- Jake drops some Bob Marley knowledge
- Gandhi was—apparently—a hypocritical ass
- Shooting for the stars of external achievement, while remembering that success is not external