Episode 227 - The Paradoxical Genius of Taoism with Marianne Lewis
Listen to this Episode
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
If you are in the market for martial arts mats, please check out zebraathletics.com
Thank you to grasslandbeef.com!
Check out the great wines from Materra Wines
Our conversation today is a fundamental one to understand applied Taoism. Joining us is Marianne Lewis, author of Both/And Thinking. Today, we chat about discovering Taoism as a by-product of studying business, a more effective approach to problem solving, the damage done by either/or thinking, 'the wrecking ball effect,' ping pong games between bad ideas, one-sided thinking and identity are the enemies of nuance, the genius of the 'yes, and…' approach, how people contribute to the growth of everything they hate, extreme rhetoric is easier to sell, the tragedy of 1912, paradox leading to happier people, and much more!
Japanese tour with Daniele! Please checkout the website for more information.
Thank you to Magic Mind for sponsoring this episode. For an incredible energy drink that will keep you alert through the day go to www.magicmind.co/taoist for 20% off. And for the first 10 days, use code TAOIST20 for a 40% off a subscription.