Episode 197 - The Tao of Communication
Listen to this Episode
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
If you are in the market for martial arts mats, please check out zebraathletics.com
Thank you to grasslandbeef.com!
Check out the great wines from Materra Wines
Thank you to www.snowroast.com for their delicious coffee. Use the code “DRUNKEN” or “HISTORY” for a 15% discount!
Today, we chat about communication & miscommunication, the council of Elrond, religions and philosophies that have shamed people for their sexuality, focusing on actionable items rather than abstract ideologies, how generalizations breed stereotypes, interacting with individuals rather than treating individuals as representatives of a certain ideology, if the ability for complex communication is what separates humans from animals why are we so bad at it, a pragmatic approach to communication, Daniele's strategy for teaching history of religions, Italian politics, Lega Lombarda, Italian culture & food, 'Back to the Future', and much more.