Episode 190 - My Father
Listen to this Episode
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
If you are in the market for martial arts mats, please check out zebraathletics.com
Thank you to grasslandbeef.com!
Thank you to www.snowroast.com for their delicious coffee. Use the code “DRUNKEN” or “HISTORY” for a 15% discount!
Today was an episode I wish I never had to record. My father, who was a guest on a previous Drunken Taoist episode, recently died. In today's episode, Iz sings a tribute for her grandfather, Rich discusses the death of his own father, we chat about mortality and travel during the age of covid, the very strange FB event following my father's death, why hope hurts, trying to convince my grandma to take a final trip to Switzerland, how my father 'created' himself, being a master of denial, the origins of my pessimism, the many things I learned from my father, Brian Eno music, and much more.