Episode 162 - Daniele Interviewed by Sam Yang
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY BlueChew.com. BlueChew.com brings you the first chewable with the same FDA-approved active ingredients as Viagra and Cialis so you know they work. BlueChew is prescribed online and ships straight to your door in a discreet package, so no in-person doctor’s visit, no waiting in the pharmacy. Promo code DRUNK (and $ 5 for shipping) lets you try it for FREE!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY https://www.manscaped.com/ The company was recently on Shark Tank and is #1 in Men's Below-The-Belt grooming and hygiene. Use promo code DRUNKEN to order from them.
Thank you to Randy Cole for including us in his comic book. Check it out here: www.amazon.com/dp/1070545872 E-book Link: www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHZLDRG
Thank you to Cold Steel for this awesome crossbow: https://www.coldsteel.com/2019-products/cheap-shot-130-cross-bow.html
If you train in Jiujitsu (or any other sport for that matter), check out the knee braces at nevertapgear.com
And the Tomoe Gozen rash guard designed by Savannah: Tomoe Gozen Rashguard
Thanks to www.dynastyforge.comfor the amazing swords!
Thank you to grasslandbeef.com!
Thank you to www.snowroast.com for their delicious coffee. Use the code TAO18 for a 15% discount!
- We share an episode released by Sam Yang for his Southpaw podcast. Check out Sam's podcast here: https://www.patreon.com/southpawpod. And his social media at @stufffromsam and @southpawpod
- Cranky Daniele is equally not fond of 'public intellectuals' and rednecks
- Taoism and the three levels
- Storytelling and History on Fire
- The reason for moving most of History on Fire to Luminary
- The origins of Daniele's interest in Native American cultures
- Hollywood fear of touching Native American topics
- Daniele's views on Nationalism and Patriotism
- Jack Johnson and individuality
- The problems of dualism
- Sam's problem with centrism
- Being addicted to being right
- Fear profiteering
- Taoism and wisdom
- Why success is not always what it's cracked out to be
- Happily ever after is copout
- Hunting and Gathering on steroids
- Lakota culture and tribal living
- How Natives obtained horses (the Pueblo Revolt)
- European diseases in the Americas
- The Fur Trade in North America