Episode 159 - Gender Roles, Fighting and Academia with Justen Hamilton
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY BlueChew.com. BlueChew.com brings you the first chewable with the same FDA-approved active ingredients as Viagra and Cialis so you know they work. BlueChew is prescribed online and ships straight to your door in a discreet package, so no in-person doctor’s visit, no waiting in the pharmacy. Promo code DRUNK (and $ 5 for shipping) lets you try it for FREE!
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY dukecannon.com.
If you are in dire need of shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc. please visit dukecannon.com right now and get 15% off your first order with the promo code DRUNKEN. Free shipping on orders over $35.
MMA GYM in LA: Check out https://fightsciencemma.com/
If you train in Jiujitsu (or any other sport for that matter), check out the knee braces at nevertapgear.com
And the Tomoe Gozen rash guard designed by Savannah: Tomoe Gozen Rashguard
Thanks to www.dynastyforge.comfor the amazing swords!
Thank you to grasslandbeef.com!
Thank you to www.snowroast.com for their delicious coffee. Use the code TAO18 for a 15% discount!
- A PhD in Sociology about women in combat sports
- A chance meeting
- Getting a PhD while operating an MMA school
- A path to getting the jobs you want
- Who glued Randy Couture's ears to the head of a well spoken academic?
- Jordan Peterson having a heart attack about Justen's life choices
- Women in combat sports—negotiating a balance between so-called feminine and masculine qualities
- Dating other fighters
- Badass ladies and their need to feel 'feminine'
- The need to develop both 'feminine' and' masculine' qualities at the same time
- The satisfaction of teaching shy people, and non-fighters