Episode 110 - Sara Frazetta about the Legendary Career of Frank Frazetta
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at [email protected].
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: [email protected]
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY AUDIBLE! Please go to audible.com/taoist for a free trial
Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
- The legendary career of Frank Frazetta
- Conan, Metal, and freelancing
- Creating his own style
- A love for sex and women
- The silly critique of 'objectifying the human body'
- The temple of muscles and boobs
- The bizarre notion that nudity equals objectifying
- Frank's influences
- All he wanted was to paint. Money never interested him
- Coffee and prosciutto
- Cranking out a masterpiece in a night and then sleeping 48 hours
- Painting for Robert Rodriguez
- Sara's personal favorite: "Egyptian Queen"
- Sara as the lucky mediator
- "There were no rules in Frank Frazetta's world. Rules don't exist. Law doesn't exist"
- Lawyers and family fights
- "I am going to offend people. That's just inevitable."
- Robert Rodriguez remaking "Fire and Ice"?
- Working on a Death Dealer story
- Pete McCormack and Hollywood
- 'Horror Convention' vs. 'Whore Convention'
- "Why would I sell my soul and my grandpa's soul for a Ferrari...that I'll die in most likely?"
- Frazetta, Caravaggio and Bosch