Episode 137 - It is I, Duncan Trussell!
Listen to this Episode
- Thank you to Chris Odell from Datsusara! If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- Thank you to Aubrey Marcus from Onnit! If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com
- if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS FEATURING IKKYU SOJUN!!!!! ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom's book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- Daniele's books: NEW BOOK JUST RELEASED! "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Interested in Martial Arts? Check out Daniele's instructional on leglocks: https://leglocks.vhx.tv
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
And please check out my public Facebook page
DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
Contact Savannah Em at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY Distil Union, a design company aiming to simplify life one product at a time. Please, enter the promo code DRUNKEN for a discount on their wallets, sunglasses, and other great products.
PLEASE CHECK OUT the CBD oils from Kannaway. All CBD products are from organic, non-GMO European HEMP grown on generational family farms. The products all have a triple authenticated process guaranteeing you're getting exactly what you are paying for. Because all of the CBD is from hemp and NOT cannabis, it is legal to use and possess in all 50 states AND Europe! Now you can get 100% THC-free CBD oil from hemp, delivered to your door in all 50 of the Unites States and the whole of Europe. Please check them out at: https://kannaway.com/2496006
MMA GYM in LA: Check out https://fightsciencemma.com/
If you train in Jiujitsu (or any other sport for that matter), check out the knee braces at nevertapgear.com
Thanks for www.dynastyforge.com for the amazing swords!
- Duncan's and Daniele's podcast friendship
- Our grandkids will be able to listen to hours of material
- Had podcasting existed during slavery times
- Duncan's love for Buddhism
- Faith-based vs. evidence-based
- Buddha doing the Macarena
- Social media and fear-mongering
- "People who have figured out how to get rich off of yelling that the theater is on fire."
- Do someone's words help you improve the quality of your life?
- Feeding your brain with stuff that makes you laugh and happy, rather than worried and outraged
- Realistic optimism
- Speak truth to power… but do it with a smile
- "Throw me into hell and I'll find a way to enjoy it." Ikkyu Sojun
- Fear profiteers
- Prometheus and his eagle, William
- Duncan on meditation
- Working out and laziness
- Christopher Hillseth and Judo
- Duncan's dreams: going to the movies with the Dalai Lama