Episode 55 - Angry Men: A Conversation with Thad Russell and Sam Sheridan
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- Welcome our new affiliate sponsor Club W! If you like wine, please check out clubw.com/taoist and give them a try.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/survey
And please check out my public Facebook page
- Anger Issues
- "I'm not where I belong"... Thad's pirate dreams
- Everyone wanting to punch Thad and Sam, please get in line
- Props to AJ Hawk and Ben Harper
- Never good enough
- Bad Thad
- Why Sam and Thad drive the smallest cars possible
- The pluses and minuses of L.A.
- How to avoid turning into a suffering artist. Tom Robbins and Ikkyu as my role models
- Thad wants to be an accountant
- Maybe I need to pick different heroes
- Can you be a great creative genius without enduring tremendous suffering?
- Sensitive and happy
- Life is more complicated than a single emotion. If you smile 24/7, I don't buy it
- The Dalai Lama... hard to relate to someone who has never had sex
- This guy has never gotten laid. What can i possibly learn from him?
- Sam likes the ninja turtles
- Enlightenment with humanity
- The bullshit of the mind-body dualism
- Fear of death as the origin of mind-body dualism
- Envy and jealousy
- Psychoanalyzing Thad
- Therapeutic paths and meditation
- "I've done Rogan"... When you utter a sentence like that, it's time to end the episode