Episode 50 - Floating and Jiu-Jitsu; Albert Ohanian and Master Carlos "Caique" Elias
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/survey
And please check out my public Facebook page
- From surfing to fighting
- The transformation of jiujitsu from martial art to sport
- The difficulties of selling a Brazilian form of grappling in a culture that expects martial arts to be Asian and to focus on strikes
- Lively Brazilian crowds: memories of Renzo Gracie vs. Eugenio Tadeau
- From the mat to the float tank
- Getting to know yourself by floating
- The medical benefits of floating
- Brazilian Jiujitsu and Floating: two paths to meditation
- Solving problems in your sleep, in a tank, while driving...
- Accessing your creative brain
- Entering a state of flow
- The Tao of Jiujitsu
- Floating brings good luck :)
- Competition and fear
- Fear in daily life
- Footlocks and takedowns
- About pulling guard
- Thank you to the podfather, Joe Rogan
- If you are interested in a documentary about floating, use the code "BOLELLI" for a discount here: www.floatnationmovie.com
- Caique's school
- Float Clinic
- If you are not in Southern California and need to find a floatation place near you, you can check www.floatationlocations.com
- And anyone who can help Jared Kimball in his love-quest in Turkey, please check out jaredtkimball.blogspot.com