Episode 48 - Don't Throw Away the Hero in Your Soul
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/survey
Father's Bolelli Sunday School: The Bible according to Quentin Tarantino:
- An Interracial Love Story Ending in Genocide
The "Rant of the Day":
- In the Black Hills to spread Jim Weddell's ashes
- Kurdish women fighters vs IS
- Please check out my public Facebook page
- Three year old survives 11 days with her dog in a Siberian forest
- What it means to be a man in today's world
- Nietzsche: "I have known noble ones who lost their highest hope. And since then they looked down on all high hopes… Once they thought of becoming heroes; but to them now the hero is a source of shame and fear. By my love and hope I beg you: don’t throw away the hero in your soul. Maintain holy your highest hope!”
- Do what needs to be done, motherfucker. No one wants to hear your excuses
- Having the strength to be kind when life is not
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- Sarah Palin having an orgy with the teletubbies
The "Iz Moment":
- The rather disturbing experience of the Pledge of Allegiance
- Iz discovers a new use for Facetime
- Disney, Iz and her mama
- When they take you to jail, i'll get you out
The "Storytelling Moment":
- They should put me in charge of creating weed strains. High as a hobbit.
- Marley's Dream
- Jack Churchill
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- Helping two ladies avoid rape