Episode 47 - Amber Lyon and The Joy of Being Alive
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/survey
- Joseph Campbell: "Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be"
- Bahrain, CNN and the discovery that changed Amber's life
- Killing your career to do the right thing "I'd rather be eating old chicken bones out of a trash can in Venice Beach than working for these people"
- Inner voices
- Meditation as a tool
- Walking barefoot on the earth
- We live in a Harry Potter world
- Don't trust authority
- Amber and the joys of getting shot by police
- Mama Aya
- Ode to Joe Rogan
- Writing the Eat, Pray, Love of psychedelics
- Check out Amber's website
- The joy to be alive
- Amber on facing fear
- We are all on death row
- Snorting a DMT snuff from a 3,000 year old bone with Aubrey Marcus
- Amber's view of death gets me teary eyed
- Science has sucked the magic out of the universe
- Science and mysticism going hand in hand