Episode 46 - The Flu Game
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a moment, please do us a solid and fill out our listener survey. This will help us learn more about how you listen to the show and will ultimately help us create a better podcast. http://thedrunkentaoist.com/survey
Father's Bolelli Sunday School: The Bible according to Quentin Tarantino:
- Lot Saves Angels from Gang Rape, Then Raped by Daughters
The "Rant of the Day":
- Huston Smith and defending religious fundamentalists
- The curse of "scientism"
- Paul Feyerabend and Graham Hancock against scientific fundamentalists
- Why Socrates was considered to be the wisest man Greece
- If you haven't experienced plenty of moments that can't be explained by religion or science, you need to get out more often
- Alan Watt's "wisdom of insecurity" (here's something I wrote about him: link)
- Please check out my public Facebook page
- Using a hammer to eat pasta
- Religion and science are only as good as the individuals involved
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- The joys of male anatomy
- Penis weights!
The "Iz Moment":
- What if Merida wants to kill herself
- I'm not playing at being a ninja, I am...
The "Storytelling Moment":
- MJ and the Flu game
- The most exciting part of the World Cup final was when I checked an old Muay Thai fight on youtube
- Why the World Cup fascinated me nonetheless
- My father and Michael Jordan
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- How to prevent your sensitivity from turning into a weakness
- The Nietzsche chapter in On the Warrior's Path
- Joy in the midst of desperation" Ikkyu
- Finding good humans
- Why I teach college