Episode 40 - Juvenile and Proud To Be
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at email@example.com.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
Father's Bolelli Sunday School: The Bible according to Quentin Tarantino
- Spilling Seed, Bad. Sex with Your Daughter in Law in Exchange for a Goat, Fine
The "Rant of the Day":
- Our female listeners speak out
- The Disney princess narrative works against us
- A Taoist approach to operating outside the rules
- If you really want to know how things are, ask an outlaw
- Most people never question the norms of their times
- New Agers think Daniele is "negative"
- Juvenile and proud to be
- Don't confuse me with an intellectual. It's not who I am nor who I want to be
- "Serious": the favorite word of cops, priests and sadistic teachers
- Teaser: if you dig Dan Carlin's style, you may enjoy an announcement in an upcoming episode
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- Everyone speaks English like me
The "Iz Moment":
- The connection to My Little Pony
- Don't you want all the women to say 'oh, he's such a manly man'
- I have a boyfriend and I want to be a ninja
- Iz and Orlando Furioso "Of ladies, cavaliers, of love and war, of courtesies and brave deeds--I sing"
- Why do kids have so many nightmares?
The "Storytelling Moment":
- Italian outlaw Bulla
- Buffalo Calf Road Woman
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- The religious use of marijuana
- Marijuana and female orgasms
- The balance between pushing yourself and burning out
- Jesus and wealth