Episode 39 - Scott Sigler: Forging a Writing Career
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is done! Check out the next episodes for updates.
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
Forum: we launched The Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum.
- The story of the great Matt Staggs
- 130 rejection letters later...
- Forging a career path by giving stuff away for free and asking fans to help
- Sigler is a damn marketing genius
- Daniele cries at movies... a lot
- Scott as a kid: discovering he liked to be scared
- Reading books for school is just not fun
- Why Journalism is dying
- Moral of the story: keep beating your little brothers
- Too stupid to know when to quit
- The tale of a world renowned violinist playing in the subway
- The future of publishing
- Scott's writing process
- Aliens playing football
- Daniele gives birth every time he writes
- Having written is much better than writing
- Please no more books about dysfunctional families
- Scott heading for the big screen
- Nerding out about Lost and Justified
- Good writing: hardening your nipples and sending a tingling in your groin
- Dealing with customer reviews
- Perceptions of reality
- Check out scottsigler.com