Episode 3 - Shannon Lee: About Bruce Lee, the Tao, Life, the Universe and Everything
Listen to this Episode
Our guest today is the wonderful Shannon Lee, talking about her life and her father's legacy.
Among the highlights of the day:
- Coming to terms with being Bruce Lee's daughter
- Shannon's work as the head of Bruce Lee Enterprises
- We bow to our one and only god: Pete McCormack, director of the documentary I Am Bruce Lee
- The sordid tale of how the evil Bolelli used his Godfather skills to end up in the documentary (btw, the most glorious 53 seconds in movie history!)
- Why nerdy Asian boys owe their very lives to Bruce Lee
- On nationalism and the wild tale of a Bruce Lee statue built in Bosnia right after the war there
- What makes some people more authentic than others?
- Rebelling against dogma and creating our own path: "That’s the thing I’ve always admired most about my father. It takes courage to walk the path alone"
- "The height of cultivation runs toward simplicity"
- Bruce Lee as the father of MMA?
- Shannon invented Tivo, and Daniele invented Blockbuster
- Gene LeBell and his pink gi
- Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and killing demons with nunchuckus
The Bruce Lee Foundation website: http://bruceleefoundation.com/
Shannon's twitter: https://twitter.com/BruceLeeLegacy