Episode 26 - Streetfighting Buddha and Empathy
Listen to this Episode
- A million thanks to Aubrey Marcus and Onnit for supporting the podcast. Please familiarize yourself with the awesome stuff available by Onnit--from supplements to workout gear to great foods. Use our own podcast link for a discount by going to www.onnit.com/taoist. Show Aubrey some love and let him know he didn't make a mistake by sponsoring us.
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- If you want to buy a drunken taoist t-shirt, email me at email@example.com and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist.
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to Cold Steel for sending us some of their amazing knives. To check out their very extensive catalog, visit http://www.coldsteel.com
Forum: we launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other!thedrunkentaoist.com/forum
The "Rant of the Day":
- Reading people and empathy
- Lama spit, the shining moon and a Tibetan monk's enlightenment
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- This month... I have no dream
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- Reacting to the people around us
- Disorganized spirituality vs. organized religion: how institutions are the enemy of creativity and dogma's best friend
- Spirits. Beliefs are blind men musing about the nature of light
- The dilemma of sweet people and MMA. How to develop an edge without losing tenderness. Balancing yin and yang
The "Iz Moment":
- Knockout farts and ants
- Please put on your pretty dress and stop hitting me on the head with an elephant
- Writing an autobiography entitled "Black and Proud"
- You are the craziest freak I ever met in my life
The "Storytelling Moment":
- Siddhartha Gautama, harems, the Four Sights, on the quest for enlightenment, the dilemma of attachment
- Weddings, holidays, first time having sex
- It's all up to you