Episode 22 - Gladiators for World Peace
Listen to this Episode
- We have a new sponsor! A million thanks to Aubrey Marcus and Onnit for supporting the podcast. Please familiarize yourself with the awesome stuff available by Onnit--from supplements to workout gear to great foods. Use our own podcast link for a discount by going to www.onnit.com/taoist. Show Aubrey some love and let him know he didn't make a mistake by sponsoring us.
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- If you want to buy a drunken taoist t-shirt, email me at email@example.com and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates: The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straig ht to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roberto Banchini and family: the sword in the stone and the arms-eating wolf.
- The joys of sleep, lightning storms and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Iz at the book presentation (see this episode pic)
- A big thank you to Cecelia Big Crow!
- Emails from Malawi?!? Really?!?
Forum: we launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum
The "Rant of the Day":
- Public speaking in Italy, English is great for ruling an empire, Italian is for seducing women. To get stuff done, use English. To have fun, use Italian.
- We think the Pope smokes weed
- Daniele listens to himself speaking English in "I Am Bruce Lee" dubbed into Italian by some other guy
- Gladiators for World Peace: the solution to violence against civilians and overpopulation in one package
- Daniele had breakfast in Milan yards away from where 2,000 years ago lions used to have Christians for breakfast
- I have a message for the Church on behalf of the spirit of Mr. Giordano Bruno (this will be used in one of the future episode pics). Plus the best Sangria in Rome
- Daniele breaks five commandments within five hundred yards of the Vatican
- The evils of Scientism and blind-faith Atheism. Socrates and the Oracle of Delphi: the wisdom of knowing you don't know
- Daniele's problems with New Atheists: lack of creativity, the limits of critical intelligence, why Thomas Paine kicks all of their asses, and why Create Your Own Religion is a difficult book to market
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- The return of the gnome!
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- The miracle of Holy Water is that you don't fall dead when you touch it
- Goddesses of Mercy: a piece of advice that is illegal in 49 1/2 states
- Discipline: very unsexy but very useful word. The Samurai approach
- "A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step"
The "Storytelling Moment":
- Thanks to Tony Loquasto for inspiration. The 47 Ronin story: one of the greatest revenge tales ever
The "Iz Moment":
- Iz's new favorite song "I Fought the Law" by the Clash
- We need to write Katy Perry and let her know she may get in trouble at school if she says the word "bitch"
- "Your love gets me so high"
- "I'm so happy to play with you" "And I'm so happy you didn't die yet"