Episode 21 - Duncan Trussell and the Net of Indra
Listen to this Episode
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount. Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you want to buy a Drunken Taoist t-shirt, email me at email@example.com and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist.
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site: www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works
- We are planning to have Dan Carlin on the show soon. If you have questions for Dan, please post them on the forum (see below).
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich.
- Two weeks of vacation a year? That's crap.
Forum: we launched The Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum.
- Duncan thought this was the best year of his life--minus the death of his mother and having a ball chopped off
- Tragedy and Empathy
- The deadly sin of taking things for granted
- Tragedy tends to make people become nicer... or meaner
- Working out with Joe Rogan
- Duncan had me spitting a perfectly good beer
- Art as inspiration
- Not sure if Duncan really likes Justin Bieber or not
- Buddha and Bieber
- Duncan's thoughts about death
- The parable of the arrow
- The net of Indra
- "I'm really not interested in right and wrong. I'm interested in what makes life better right now and what doesn't."
- Having more in common with people you share little with than with those with your same interests
- Duncan's life plans