Episode 20 - Bastard Kids No Take Iz Food
Listen to this Episode
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount. Today we discuss the Mary Poppins' quality of the bags.
- Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- If you want to buy a drunken taoist t-shirt, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates: The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com. Why the dark ages were known as the 'dark ages'!
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works
- We are planning to have Dan Carlin on the show soon. If you have questions for Dan, please post them on the forum (see below)
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
- The glory of the Chinese man who stood in front of tanks in 1989
Forum: we launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum
The "Rant of the Day":
- Don't carry my book through customs. "Why do you hate Jesus?"
- The Drunken Taoist t-shirt and its enemies. Apparently, not everyone is down with interracial making out, kicks in the balls, and wine consumption.
- A Drunken Taoist t-shirt thread on the forum?
- Game of Thrones is like watching The Godfather without the last 20 minutes. A sense of cynicism and meaninglessness. If I want reality, I look out the window. I want to be inspired. Movies, art, music, books as fuel to feed the fire.
- "Who the fuck cares if it's a good movie or not? Does it make you jump out of your chair and inspire you to do something amazing with your life? Then it interests me. Otherwise..."
- The Tao of driving on the freeway. Learning how to flow vs. how "it should be"
The "I Have A Dream" Corner:
- The tale of the orgasm-counting gnome!
- Math and sex
The "Ask Bolelli" Corner:
- A sneak peak at the next episode with Duncan Trussell
- The origin of the Mafia, the difference between illegal and immoral, the difference between Don Corleone and his son in the Godfather. If you ever cross Daniele, "My lawyer is the last person you have to worry about": taking care of business Italian-style.
- Cussing around your kids. "I don't stay at school". Damn Kathy Perry messed things up.
- Discipline without bullshit.
- Psychedelics and religions: Kykeon and Eleusis, Soma in Hinduism. A brief detour into shoplifting and racial profiling
The "Storytelling Moment":
- In homage of Dan Carlin: "Prophets of Doom"
The "Iz Moment":
- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
- "Bastard kids no take Iz food"