Episode 19 - Aubrey Marcus: Warrior Poet
Listen to this Episode
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount. Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM
- If you want to buy a drunken taoist t-shirt, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates: The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com. Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at www.suredesigntshirts.com. And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- Chris Odell from Datsusara is a miracle worker who manages to get heterosexual guys excited about bags
- Check out an episode of "The Misfortune Cookie Podcast" with me and Clarence Baillo http://mfcdigital.com/
- We are planning to have Dan Carlin on the show soon. If you have questions for Dan, please post them on the forum (see below)
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich
Forum: we launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkentaoist.com/forum
- Listening to Aubrey freaks me out. It's like listening to myself minus the Italian accent
- Aubrey explains the "warrior poet" concept like a true warrior poet
- Socrates was a badass
- Choosing to be a complete human being rather than a stereotype
- The weirdness of the American male hug
- If you are going to have boys, teach them how to dance and how to do yoga (they'll thank you when women will dig them)
- "You are not actually tough if you are not sweet... the toughest person should be able to be the sweetest" Aubrey Marcus
- Why Aubrey's favorite tattoo artist doesn't tattoo snarling dragons
- Aubrey's mom played the semi-finals in Wimbledon
- Aubrey's psychedelic adventures
- "Why wouldn't you create your own? It's your life. No one else can live it for you"
- Aubrey's shamanic trip in Peru'
- "Drink some whiskey, grab your nuts, grab a girl on the dance floor, dunk a basketball, lift some weights, fight somebody... I don't give a fuck what you do, but do something, man!"
- Earning people's respect in a language they understand... Aubrey explains the Joe Rogan magic