Episode 17 - Sam Sheridan: The World Is Made Of Fire
Listen to this Episode
- Please visit our sponsor's website for computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount. Check out the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter.
- If you want to buy a drunken taoist t-shirt, email me at email@example.com and I'll check to see if we have your size and color before you pay anything.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates: The code "daniele" gets you a discount on the food of the gods (chocolate!) www.coracaoconfections.com. Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesignshirts.com. And if you need audiobooks, check www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist.
- And if you shop on Amazon, please use our link on the donate page of this site. OR this one: http://amzn.to/10N96md.
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhousebandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- A lecture series about Taoism is in the works
- Here's Guy Evans' podcast with me http://www.smellslikehumanspirit.com/2013/05/thedrunkentaoistdanielebolelli.html
- We are planning to have Dan Carlin on the show soon. If you have questions for Dan, please post them on the forum (see below)
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich
Forum: we launched the Drunken Taoist forum. Check it here, start conversations and be nice to each other! thedrunkendaoist.com/forum
- Check out Sam's three books ("A Fighter's Heart", "The Fighter's Mind" and "The Disaster Diaries"
- Sam Sheridan's bio reads like something out of a Jack London's novel
- Sam drinks 15 cups of coffee a day and he can't sleep much at night... the mystery deepens. Perhaps he could use a sample of the Drunken Taoist strain? :)
- Growing up in Old Deerfield messed with Sam's mind
- Eastern American Indians and their captives: either killed in gruesome fashion or lovingly adopted into the tribe
- "Noble" vs. "Vicious Savages"
- Everyone alive has to deal with conflict
- Everyone can be broken. No one is immune to fear
- Empathy and approaching movies/art/books as a sacred ritual
- John C. in Cincinnati: Sam is going to find you!
- How to deal with fear
- Daniele's worst and best moments in MMA
- Sam's tattoo: you are risking your soul by playing it safe
- I don't like writing. I like having written. And being possessed by the Muse
- Sam "I'm a big fan of misery" and his new year resolution ("Drink more!"), "all things in moderation, even moderation"
- Why people are fascinated with the Apocalypse
- Daniele drinks his blood, eats his flesh and keeps training: the joys of jiujitsu.
- Sam's take on the current environmental challenges