Episode 11 - Taylor Parker: Fighting for Everything That Is
Listen to this Episode
- Raccoons shooting steroids in my backyard, coyotes slaughtering critters under my window
- My night with a tribe of raccoons having sex (among each other... I took no part in it--I swear) and fighting coyotes
- Taylor Parker enlightening us about how punching people in the face makes you a better environmentalist
- Please check out the amazing hemp products by our sponsor, Datsusara. http://www.dsgear.com/ Use the code "daniele" at checkout to get a discount.
- If you are in the market for t-shirts and hoodies, check my all time favorites http://suredesigntshirts.com/ Use the code "warrior" at checkout to get a discount.
- The Drunken Taoist t-shirts are shipping. If you want one and haven't ordered it, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with size and color (red or grey) and I'll let you know if we still have them.
- The band doing our intro music released their album. Check them out here http://daisyhouse.bandcamp.com/
- Drive a lot? Could use audiobooks? Check out our affiliate audiobooks at http://www.audibletrial.com/thedrunkentaoist
- For a discount on some awesome chocolate, type "daniele" at checkout for a discount http://www.coracaoconfections.com/
- "C'mon Hitler, be a sweetie"
- The Drunken Taoist teaser, check out Daniele "The Godfather" Bolelli http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE_dzDyWps8
- The important difference between math and meth
- Restoration ecology, saving wetlands, removing heavy metal from the water (not talking about Metallica)
- Why Environmentalists get a bad rap
- Protecting natural resources shouldn't be a political issue. Why is it? The near-thinking primate dilemma
- J. Diamond about the false dichotomy between the economy and environmental protection
- Daniele's errant brain waves saved Taylor from turning to the dark side and becoming a soulless corporate lawyer
- Taylor's pragmatic approach to environmentalism
- Political parties: driving the bus toward destruction at 90 mph vs. driving the bus toward destruction at 60 mph
- Interconnectedness is the name of the game
- Contributing to google searches about "duck porn"
- Taylor's experience with boxing, and how it helps his work
- Learning how to take a beating/dealing with adversity
- Daniele has no problems punching friends in the face
- Shameless plug for "On the Warrior's Path"
- Taylor channels his inner Bruce Lee
Taylor Parker's twitter: https://twitter.com/tidalinfluence
His company's website: http://www.tidalinfluence.com/
Personal website: http://www.practicepraxis.org/