Episode 242 - The Evolution of MMA with Michael Thomsen
Listen to this Episode
- Daniele's books: "NOT AFRAID" If you click on any of the covers at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page. AN AUDIOBOOK VERSION OF “NOT AFRAID” IS AVAILABLE HERE: danielebolelli.com/downloads/not-afraid-audiobook/.
- Check out the Taoist Lecture Series! Download it here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- Contact Savannah Em at [email protected] if you are interested in the Ikkyu Scroll
- If you are in the market for martial arts mats, please check out zebraathletics.com
- Thank you for the wine to Aum Cellars
- Check out the great wines from Materra Wines
- Bison is some of the healthiest meat you could possibly eat. Get yours at DakotaPureBison.com. Get a discount by using code HOF10 at checkout.
And please check out my public Facebook page
- DANIELE's HISTORICAL PODCAST IS HERE! Please subscribe: www.historyonfirepodcast.com
- Japanese tour with Daniele! Please checkout the website for more information.
Today, our guest is Michael Thomsen, author of the book "Cage Kings". We get to chat about his book on the evolution of MMA as a sport, the business that grew out of it, how the economics of the 1990s and early 2000s influenced public perception of the sport, reality television, the financial aspect of fighting, watching a sport in which CTE is an inescapable reality, the paradox of empathy in MMA, the beauty and horror of MMA, and much more! Please, check out all the new things I started (a YouTube page for History on Fire, Substack, Patreon, Instagram, etc.). All the links are at https://linktr.ee/danielebolelli