Episode 59 - My Friend Mike V on Climbing Out of Hell
Listen to this Episode
- "Fuck pain. Fuck heartbreak. I'm still in love with life"
- Thank you to our sponsors, Chris O'Dell from Datsusara, and Aubrey Marcus from Onnit. If you are interested in computer bags, backpacks, gi, and other hemp products www.dsgear.com. Use the code "daniele" at checkout for a discount.
- Also, here's the awesome Datsusara animation of a Drunken Taoist episode by Paul Klawiter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQcEm6cioM.
- If you are in the market for supplements, workout gear, or great foods, use our own podcast link for a discount with Onnit by going to www.onnit.com/taoist.
- Use the code "warrior" for a discount on the great t-shirts at suredesigntshirts.com.
- Welcome our new affiliate sponsor Club W! If you like wine, please check out clubw.com/taoist and give them a try.
- And welcome to Ting! Please check out if they can save you $ on your phone bill. Drunken Taoist listeners will get $ 25 off upon signing up. tao.ting.com
- NEW DRUNKEN TAOIST T-SHIRTS!!!!! Straight from Bolelli's perverted brain, through the artistic hand of Savannah Em, here are the new Drunken Taoist t-shirts: http://www.danielebolelli.com/drunken-taoist-podcast-t-shirts-pre-order/. If you thought our previous t-shirt was risky, you haven't seen anything yet. In addition to our traditional Drunken Taoist logo t-shirt, which are always in stock and ready to ship, we are now taking pre-orders for the new design. See if you can spot yours truly, Iz, Duncan Trussell, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ikkyu Sojun, Tom Robbins, Shiva and Ganesh, Dionysus and Pan, Rich Evirs, Savannah Em, Buddha (or, what's left of him) in the midst of the Dionysian revelries taking place in the forest. Thank you to the epic Savannah Em for the art and to Bennett Grunberg from Sure Design for his support with this. For any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My mom just published a book about James Weddell (see episode 30) If you are interested, check it out here: http://amzn.to/N2Logr.
- If you are in dire need of chocolate, audiobooks or awesome t-shirts, check our affiliates:
- Daisy House released their album. Check them out here: daisyhouse.bandcamp.com.
- MY NEW BOOK IS IN STORES!!!!!! It's entitled "Create Your Own Religion" and features endorsements by Joe Rogan, Mike Vallely, Ben Harper, Shannon Lee and Tom Robbins. If you click on the cover at this site www.danielebolelli.com, it'll take you straight to the Amazon page.
- THE TAOIST LECTURE SERIES IS HERE!!!!!! Get yours here: danielebolelli.com/downloads/taoist-lectures
- If you are interested in kiva.org, please contact Rich: email@example.com
And please check out my public Facebook page
- The Mike V Show! Mike's own podcast is on! http://themikevshow.com
- Skateboarding, of course, but much more too
- Daniele's english pronunciation... (shakes head)... "Tombstone"
- "So what? I have lots of friends" "I don't"
- Taking a flurry of bullets for those you love
- Learning the essence of life from Western movies
- Mike and the Conan episode
- Toughness and sweetness
- Essence more than content. Sharing a larger than life approach to existence is infinitely more important than sharing specific cultural tastes
- The skateboarding industry never cared for Mike. Real people did and still do
- "I, yes. You, no"
- Mike V as my anger-management counselor
- Spinning the tires on a mountain of failure
- People think I'm a hero and I can't feed my family
- What if you can't answer the bell and you are letting everybody down?
- The night in Puerto Rico
- Climbing out of hell
- How do you create strength our of nothing?
- Creating a family business
- Sweden: "Mike V never gives up". Walking six miles in the cold
- Positive rage
- The bike ride
- "I got on my bike, and I rode home. And I was home."
- Mike's website http://www.streetplantbrand.com